Free app for students to make quick and easy back-to-school slideshows
I love it when I find an app that is both intuitive and oh-so versatile. Enter Shadow Puppet.
As summer days wane and thoughts start to drift toward those first few important days of school where you have an opportunity to build community and set norms, you might want to take a few minutes out of your summer break to explore Shadow Puppet EDU. It’s a perfect app for student-created introduction slideshows to share as a get-to-know-you activity.
- image-rich reflections of each student to share and revisit
- voice-overs and images provide context and tell a story
- easy way to introduce camera functions on the iPad
- Digital Citizenship concepts of image sharing explored in an authentic activity
Check out this quick screencast tutorial I made demonstrating how to use Shadow Puppet EDU to structure this activity:
Latest posts by Susan Hennessey (see all)
- Choose Your Own Adventure with Google Earth - October 20, 2017
- Maintaining a teaching team - September 28, 2017
- 4 ways Vermont educators are sharing their practice - September 13, 2017
- J-Term at Hazen Union - June 28, 2017