Farber joined the Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education after 17 years as a classroom teacher in central Vermont. Her dissertation with Northeastern University focused on service learning at the middle level and is called The Doing Revolution: early adolescents, service learning, and personal growth.
Her education articles have been published on CNN’s School of Thought blog, Educational Leadership, Edutopia, and the Synapse.
Farber has also taught pre-service and practicing teachers in graduate courses at Union Institute and LAPDA. She is passionate about promoting student and teacher voice, engaging early adolescent students, sharing the power of service learning, and creating inclusive communities where joy, courageous conversations and kindness are the norm.
She lives in central Vermont with her husband and two daughters and loves being outside with family and friends, listening to music, and jumping into Vermont ponds and lakes.
- Race Against Racism VT
- 4 ways to make math more relevant
- Courage lives on
- Diverse books for conversations around identity
- Laying the groundwork for effective teaching teams
- Take Project-Based Learning to the next level
- 8 year-end reflection tools and activities
- 8 ideas for outdoor learning
- 4 ideas for using a makerspace to support PBL
- 4 ways to use Virtual Reality in project-based learning
- 4 more ways to help middle schoolers get organized
- 4 ways to help middle school students organize their tech
- Can sustained silent reading help reluctant readers?
- How to fight fake news in the field
- 4 resources for fighting fake news
- iLead: a model for service learning and leadership
- Project-based learning: Extreme weather PBL unit
- Culminating Events for Project-Based Learning
- Assessment in Project-Based Learning
- 8 methods for reflection in project-based learning
- Scaffolds to support PBL learners
- Brainstorming and Research in PBL
- Entry events for project-based learning
- Planning a PBL unit
- 3 types of videos for showcasing content areas
- Project-Based Learning in the primary grades
- 8 tips for creating classroom routines and norms
- Service Learning 101: a guide for busy teachers
- Designing learning spaces for students
- Creating a PBL culture from Day One
- Middle Grades Institute Reflections
- Learn Like a Pirate: Key takeaways