Inviting families to conferences where students facilitate a conversation about their recent learning and future goals, usually referencing a portfolio or Personal Learning Plan.
- Switching to online student led conferences
- Video evidence & reflection for student-led conferences
- Who should be assessing student-led conferences?
- The student-led conference as celebration
- PLPs in Seesaw
- How to design pre-conference conversations with families
- Student-led conferences come to Leland & Gray
- How to evaluate student-led conferences
- 4 shifts for student-led conferences in a proficiency-based environment
- Want end-of-year family involvement?
What does a student-led conference look like in action?
Emmett, Lamoille Union Middle School, Hyde Park VT
Alina, Brattleboro Area Middle School, Brattleboro VT
And what do educators think of student-led conferences?
Katie Bryant, Lamoille Union Middle School
- Bryant’s action research project on gauging family opinions of student-led conferences
- Lamoille’s student-led conferences script (Google Doc) and pep talk
Joe Rivers, Brattleboro Area Middle School
Lori Morse, Crossett Brook Middle School