Since 2009, the Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education has supported technology integration in middle schools as a means of increasing student engagement and decreasing drop-out rates here in Vermont.
We support partner schools with tech-rich, on-site professional development and provide funding for technology innovations.
Who are our partner schools?
- Bethel Elementary School (Bethel VT)
- Brattleboro Area Middle School (Brattleboro VT)
- Burke Town School (West Burke VT)
- Cabot School (Cabot VT)
- Colchester Middle School (Colchester VT)
- The College of Education and Social Services (University of Vermont)
- The Compass School (Westminster VT)
- Crossett Brook Middle School (Duxbury VT)
- Currier Memorial School (Currier VT)
- The Dorset School (Dorset VT)
- Flood Brook Middle School (Flood Brook VT)
- Hartford Ottauquechee (Ottauquechee VT)
- Hazen Union Middle/High School (Hardwick VT)
- Lamoille Union Middle School (Hyde Park VT)
- Leland & Gray (Townshend VT)
- Manchester Elementary/Middle School (Manchester Center VT)
- Mater Christi School (Burlington VT)
- Mettawee Community School (West Pawlet VT)
- Middletown Springs Elementary School (Middletown Springs VT)
- Peoples Academy Middle Level (Morrisville VT)
- Peoples Academy High School (Morrisville VT)
- Poultney Elementary School (Poultney VT)
- Poultney Middle High School (Poultney VT)
- Proctor Elementary School (Proctor VT)
- Proctor High School (Proctor VT)
- Randolph Union Middle/High School (Randolph VT)
- Rutland Town School (Rutland VT)
- Shelburne Community School (Shelburne VT)
- Stowe Middle School (Stowe VT)
- Sunderland School (Sunderland VT)
- Tuttle Middle School (South Burlington VT)
- Warren Elementary School (Warren VT)
- Wells River School (Newbury VT)
- West Rutland School (Rutland VT)
- White River Valley School (South Royalton VT)
- WRVSU Bethel (Bethel VT)
- WRVSU Newtown (Newtown VT)
- WRVSU South Royalton (South Royalton VT)
What we offer partner schools
At the heart of our work is embedded and sustained professional development. We customize it to the unique goals, strengths and challenges of our partner schools. Our professional development coordinators design and lead intensive summer in-service weeks and customized strands at the Middle Grades Institute to launch initiatives at partner schools. We facilitate faculty meetings, in-service days and consult during team common planning time throughout the school year. This helps teachers develop technology-rich skills, curriculum, and pedagogy in collaboration with their colleagues.
Interested in partnering with us?
We’re looking to expand our reach, and provide our free consulting services to new partner schools.
Take the first steps toward partnership: sign up to receive more information or begin the partnership inquiry process.