Tuesday Links Round-up
What We’re Reading Right Now:
- Minecraft Machinima: Camping Gone Wrong, Killer Grandma and Party Beach out of Flood Brook Union School’s 6th graders
- You already know we’re huge Touchcast nerds here at TIIE, so we really enjoyed this 7th grade Touchcast about the genetic traits of offspring:
[touchcast url=”http://www.touchcast.com/flipsci/offspring_traits_presentation” autoplay=”0″ autoforward=”0″ dimension=”480×270″]
- Related: actual lesson plans for educators considering using Touchcast, including one for the genetics Touchcast above. Huzzah!
- “For one language arts class project, a middle school teacher in Shelburne, Virginia, Chad Sansing, asks his sixth graders to read Peter Cherches’s 1986 poem “Lift Your Right Arm,” and then translate it into computer code.” Fascinating look at transmedia, a 21st century term for using more than one media platform to tell a story or teach a concept. (via @sljournal)
- Not necessarily tech-related but still super-important: How Raising Emotionally Literate Boys Challenges Our Perceptions of Masculinity.
What does this mean for classroom settings?
One thought on “Tuesday Links Round-up”
What we’re reading & talking about http://t.co/k7K4RHyWSd #edtech