Heading to the slopes for Vermont Fest
The lifts are open, but the lure of first tracks is not what is prompting educators from across the state to head to Killington this week. Vermont Fest will be in full effect on Thursday and Friday and educators will be eagerly awaiting the opportunity to exchange ideas and practices around PLPs, goal setting, gamification, student-led conferences and the list goes on.
We are especially proud of our partner educators who have been selected to present at this year’s Vermont Fest.
So when you are wandering the halls of the Grand Resort awestruck and unsure of which workshop will transfix your inner child and professional self simultaneously, consider checking these out:
- 8:30 – 9:30am: PLPs at PAML: One School’s Journey Creating Personal Learning Plans ~ Peoples Academy Middle Level: Maura Kelly & Shaun Noonan
- 11:00 – 12:00noon: Look Mom…I really did do something at school! How Proficiency-based Electronic Portfolios Bridge the Gap between Home and School. ~ Edmunds Middle School: Beth Brodie & Students
- 3:15 – 4:15 PLPs – The Power is Elementary! Manchester Elementary/Middle School: Jackie Wilson, Melissa Rice, Patti Lea, Amanda Thomas
- 5:30 – 7:30 iPad Exploration: Making Student Thinking Visible ~ Tarrant Institute’s Susan Hennessey
- 9:45 – 10:45 How to Make a Great Educational Podcast ~ Tarrant Institute’s Audrey Homan, Richmond Elementary School: Michael Berry
- 10:45 – 11:15 Walking the Walk: Educator PLPs for Professional Growth – SUE Talk ~ Tarrant Institute’s Life LeGeros, Scott Thompson, and Rachel Mark
- 12:45- 1:45 Flipping the Classroom and Increasing Engagement with BadgeOS ~ Peoples Academy Middle Level: Matthew Yoskowitz, Currier Memorial School: Vicky Arthur and Susan Gibeault, and Tarrant Institute’s Susan Hennessey
- 2:00 – 3:00 Level Up with Games Based Learning-Engaging: students using game-based learning and gamification ~ Lamoille Union Middle/High School: Marc Gilbertson, Lori Lisai, Chris Bologna, and Tarrant Institute’s Audrey Homan
- 2:00 – 3:00 Who is Driving this Ship? Piloting Personalized Learning Plans ~ Crossett Brook Middle School: Jennifer Hill
And when you have some downtime, come by the Tarrant Institute table to find out more information about what we do and how we can connect up!
This year’s keynote speaker is Diana Laufenberg. Check out her TED Talk here: